All Photos ©


We recently took a trip to Cottage Grove, Oregon where we were surprised to find that there were 6 covered bridges all within a few miles of town. Two in fact, are right in town.

 

 

Stewart Bridge

 

Mosby Creek Bridge

 
This bridge, built in 1930, is located on Garoutte Road and is 60 feet long. It was open to vehicular traffic until 1982. It has been restored and is now a pedestrian bridge with the best swimming hole around right under it
  The Mosby Creek bridge, on Layng Road, was built in 1920 The 90 foot span is the oldest surviving covered bridge in Lane County, and the only local covered bridge open to traffic. The Mosby Creek bridge was restored in 1990.

Currin Bridge

 

Dorena Bridge

The Currin covered bridge was originally built in 1925 and was remodeled in 1995. It too is located on Layng Road and spans 60-feet across the Row River.
Located on the south side of Dorena Reservoir on Shoreside Drive, Dorena Bridge was built to connect Government Road and Row River Road. Constructed in 1949. The 105 foot long bridge is drivable but only to a parking area on the other side.

 

Centennial Bridge

 

Chambers RR Bridge

A pedestrian bridge located in downtown Cottage Grove at the corner of Main Street and River Road, was built in 1987 with recycled timbers that were salvaged when the Burmbaugh Bridge was dismantled.
A few blocks from Main Street on South River Road, just past Harrison Avenue, this bridge is the only remaining covered railroad bridge in Oregon. It was built in 1925 to bring logs to the J.H. Chambers Mill in Cottage Grove. The bridge is 78 feet long.

 

We have more pictures of these bridges in Cottage Grove at our
Webshots account HERE.

Back to Bridges Index

Family Home Page

all photos R&C Wrede
this site owned and maintained by R&C Wrede, all rights reserved.